First Brew A Success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We just opened the first bottle of a Brewers Best English Brown Ale kit that my wife and I brewed on 04/21/07. I tenitively smelled the cap. It smelled like beer so we poured it into a glass. It looked like beer, so I tasted it. It tastes like beer. I was so happy. I was worried that we would of messed it up somehow, or that it would have spoiled or become infected, but it didn't. What a great birthday present to me. I taking a six pack to my brother in law as a graduation present when we meet him and my sister for dinner tonight. This gives me more faith in the other two batches that are in the primary and secondary fermenters. Thanks for all the great advice avalable here.

Congratulations! :mug: As you've noticed now, provided you're careful with your sanitizing brewing is really pretty forgiving. ;) I was really worried about my first batch too until I was finally able to taste it.

Back