First Braggot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
Ok since my kid got me the Extreme Brewing book for fathers day. I decided to brew the Crandaddy Braggot with a few slight changes.

9lb 8oz 2 Row
8 oz 40L
2lbs dried cranberries
6lbs Clover honey. Nothing special just Costco bottle.

2oz Styrian Goldings 60 min. 1.9%aa

Notty yeast

Mike, I hope you keep us updated on how this is going. I've had Braggot on my list of things to do but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ok I got it in the fermenter. I didnt puree the cranberries like I should have but oh well. 1.050 on the berries.

Ill add the 6lbs of honey once the notty is about finished with the beer.

Oh and I forgot the pectic enzyme. Not sure what thats going to do.

Ok Notty is about done with the beer and half the cranberries. So I added the 6lbs of honey today- Ready for the blowoff!

What was your final ABV?

just curious as I've only made one braggot myself, which was really just an Irish Red Ale recipe that I kicked up with a fair amount of honey (10% ABV I think was my final total).

I haven't tried a bottle in months but last sample was coming along nicely. Definitely a 'winter warmer' kind of beer.

It should be close to 9.9%. I cant remeber what the OG was. I brewed the been and let it ferment for 4 days before adding the honey. Somewhere around 1.099ish if my calculations are correct.

Latest posts

Back