First blow off.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwilshusen

Reaction score
My second non Mr Beer brew and I get my 1st blow off. It is a Brewers Best India Pale Ale. Brewed on 2/15 started seeing activity yesterday morning. This afternoon when I checked again the lid on the Ail Pail was ajar and foam all over. I resealed the lid, cleaned ,sanitized and reinstalled the air lock. Within a very short while the airlock was bubbling again.

Hopefully that's the only time this will happen because I'm going out this evening and I hope I won't be getting back until tomorrow.

Me to. I was 18, she was 20, at her parents house...it was quite magnificent, but my cleanup was easy. Good luck buddy!

:mug:

We were 19,in her parent's house,in her father's chair!! Top that!.....oh wait a tick....wrong blow off. I use 1/2G plastic vodka jugs 1/3 full of water with a splash of starsan. Run the tube from the airlock grommet to the jug. Blllaaaaaarrrrfffff...:drunk:

heh heh, I'm expecting I might have the same situation when i go home to my first batch tonight. I'm going to the hardware store to get the 1.5" PVC pipe and elbows on my way home from work.

It'll be makin like Cheech..."his name is raaaaaaalph,man!".:D Kinda like bein in the bathtub after tacos & beer. But it does sound kinda cool. Sure saves that nuked ceiling & shizz splatter.

I had the same experience. After 26 hours in the primary and 2 airlocks later, out came the blowoff equipment!

Back