First BIAB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyghost

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewed my first all grain BIAB yesterday. All went well just a couple glitches. I didn't pay attention to the size of the grain bill it was for a 6 gal. batch and I normally brew 5. Kind of pushed my 8 gal. pot. Boiled 7 gal. without a boil over. Target OG 1.058 I hit 1.060. Yeast took off like crazy. Spouting out the air lock on my 6 1/2 gal. fermenter. One of these days I will to post some pictures of my set up. Dropped 2 degrees in 90 min. and it was 34 out side. Don't think I will be doing any more extract brewing.:mug:

Brewed my first all grain BIAB yesterday. All went well just a couple glitches. I didn't pay attention to the size of the grain bill it was for a 6 gal. batch and I normally brew 5. Kind of pushed my 8 gal. pot. Boiled 7 gal. without a boil over. Target OG 1.058 I hit 1.060. Yeast took off like crazy. Spouting out the air lock on my 6 1/2 gal. fermenter. One of these days I will to post some pictures of my set up. Dropped 2 degrees in 90 min. and it was 34 out side. Don't think I will be doing any more extract brewing.:mug:

That's how it started for me; Although no-one in my area knew anything about it and it wasn't that well known on the talksites. After my first time, havent looked back...... Although now there is allot of interest in it within my brew club;

Back