First Beer Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osagedr

Recovering from Sobriety
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Received a couple of bronze medals in the Amateur Winemakers of Canada competition (they have a number of beer categories); one for a Brew House honey blonde and one for a Festa Brew Bock. Personally I think the blonde ale was very good but I don't care for the bock. I was a little surprised the partial mash Honey Brown Ale I entered didn't even receive a merit as it's my favourite so far.

Anyway I don't think in any way shape or form this makes me any kind of a great brewer but it is nice to have some positive results to build upon as I move away from kits into partial mash and eventually all grain.

Did a partial mash steam beer that is decent (quite bold, very nice colour) but needs some more time (just over three weeks in the bottle) and am doing a partial mash brown ale next. Gotta work up the courage to try a stovetop all-grain!

That's awesome news buddy!! Congratulations on placing!! I'm looking forward to my first comp, which will be the HBT one this Fall.

Back