First batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrecktrician

Reaction score
Hey everyone brewed my first batch and about to keg it.
So have read after the single stage process of 21 days siphoning into keg and to carbonate use the chart which states 5 to 6 days at 6 psi for stout sound correct?

Here is the slow carbonation chart

Attachments

• 68910A7C-1ED8-443F-ABBF-5221268E205E.png
    68910A7C-1ED8-443F-ABBF-5221268E205E.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
Trying to figure out if I reverse and put Co2 on liquid side to carbonate or hook it up as if I was serving ?

Trying to figure out if I reverse and put Co2 on liquid side to carbonate or hook it up as if I was serving ?
Keep it hooked up for serving, while the DQs look To be the same size they are not meant to be interchangeable and you’ll need to fiddle with it to take it off the wrong post... black for beer, grey for gas.

All good I have just read some people reverse it during carbonation so the Co2 rises up through the beer from the long liquid tube

Just a clarification. When you reverse carbonate, you have to change the connector on the gas hose. (don't put on a serving hose) After carbonation, change the connector again and put the hoses in the correct position. It is not a huge benefit, it provides a slight stirring action. I tend to use it with a 1 day burst carb, then hook up normally for a few days to finish the job.

Just put it in the keg today it’s a stout put it in the fridge and slow carbonation 6 psi as per the carbonation chart now leave it for 5 days.
Tasted it when I siphoned it out and into the keg did not want to stop drinking it lol.
Brewing two more 5 gallon batches tomorrow

Just put it in the keg today it’s a stout put it in the fridge and slow carbonation 6 psi as per the carbonation chart now leave it for 5 days.
Tasted it when I siphoned it out and into the keg did not want to stop drinking it lol.
Brewing two more 5 gallon batches tomorrow
A pecan nut brown ale and a pale ale

i would say 6psi seems low? unless this is a beer gas stout, with a fancy thingy in the tap to make it creamy over carbed, but not carbed or what the hell ever guiness unleased on the world.... ;)

i would say 6psi seems low? unless this is a beer gas stout, with a fancy thingy in the tap to make it creamy over carbed, but not carbed or what the hell ever guiness unleased on the world.... ;)
Have it at 40 degrees in the fridge and 10 psi will see how that works in a couple days just C02 gas don’t want to over carbonate hard to take away can always add more just a regular tap no fancy stout tap yet waiting for the nitro for that lol

Have it at 40 degrees in the fridge and 10 psi will see how that works in a couple days just C02 gas don’t want to over carbonate hard to take away can always add more just a regular tap no fancy stout tap yet waiting for the nitro for that lol
Not even stealing samples (short pints)?
You, indeed, sir, must have the patience of a Saint!

So it now is carbonated perfectly and I am amazed at how good it is only downfall is ABV is 3.2 percent was a 1.030 and finished at a 1.006 little to Much water as we ended up with around 6 gallons
Not sure if the temperature affected the reading was about 20 Celsius on first and about 18 Celsius on second

Back