Quantcast

First Batch

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

MaltyRod

Reaction score
Well my first batch (an Amber Ale) went into the primary glass carboy on the 15th with a 1.037 OG, yesterday after I made sure the foam was gone and most of the yeast had settled I racked it to the secondary and it read a 1.015 gravity. I was gonna let it sit a week, take a couple consecutive days readings and then bottle it. Yesterday I picked up a spare carboy and makings for new batch, Moose and Squirrel Drool Amber Honeyed Ale. :D

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
sounds like everything is going smooth. that titles a mouth full!

since you like amber ales, i have a good amber ale all-grain recipe when your ready. it's a clone from Saint Arnold's, a local micro-brew in Houston (from the owner).

OP
M

MaltyRod

Reaction score
I'll be glad to try it, enjoying some Fat Tire tonight, tried an IPA for the first time, from widmere Brothers, but don't care for it, too bitter and Hoppy.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
DeRoux's Broux said:
sounds like everything is going smooth. that titles a mouth full!

since you like amber ales, i have a good amber ale all-grain recipe when your ready. it's a clone from Saint Arnold's, a local micro-brew in Houston (from the owner).
From his name, I'd say MaltyRod likes malty beers. But I'm just guessing! :p

Anything from Saint Arnold's ought to be good. Please post it to the recipe threads, when you get a chance! :)