First Batch!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nepatsfan1

You do drugs Danny? All the time
Reaction score
Well first 5 gallon batch that is. I am making a dry Irish stout from northern brewer. It is almost done with the boil and I am excited. I have had a couple of Mr Beer batches under my belt but felt for the same time and effort I can get a bigger batch and more options.

I love brewing!!!1:ban:

Congrats! How did the rest of the brew day go? I'd be interested to hear what you think of your NB batch compared to your Mr. Beer brews.

Killer, glad you're pumped! I just picked up a couple of NB kits, haven't tried them yet. I almost pulled the trigger on that kit, sounds great. Let us know how it ends up!

I bet its going to be hard to just let things sit during the fermentation period! I haven't brewed yet (new to the hobby as well).

Congrats and keep us informed!

Congrats! How did the rest of the brew day go? I'd be interested to hear what you think of your NB batch compared to your Mr. Beer brews.

It went better than I thought. No boil over and a nice steady boil. I did have to call NB since the instructions are, eh. After talking with them for a few minutes I was fine. The only thing I can compare between MrB and this is longer boil times. Other than that I enjoyed steeping grains instead of just adding a can or two of HME to a few cups of boiling water and that's it.

Just checked fermentation and got a co2 bubble every 5 seconds or so. I say that it has begun.

Back