First batch success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullimat

Reaction score
Well, my first batch is just turning 6 weeks this Saturday so i decided to try one and see how it's coming along (of course it being my first batch i tried a couple along the way to see how it's aging:mug: ) and it's just about perfect! BTW it was a Nut Brown Ale with a tiny bit of hazelnut extract in it. For a while i was worried because it tasted pretty watery. I attributed this to not steeping the grains long enough or correctly. But after trying one just now i'm thoroughly pleased! I'm convinced now that the watery flavor was just from the beer being green. It has a great balance with no watery flavors. The only thing that could be better (and i'm sure this will come with a little more time) is the head disappears pretty quick. But otherwise the beer is well carbed and i can't complain at all!

Congrats!! I'll be brewing a brown ale this weekend, it will be my 3rd. I hope it comes out like yours if it's that good.

congrats on the new, awesome hobby and I'm really glad it turned out well. Welcome to the ranks.

Congrats! My first was a brown ale too. Just brewed it again this past weekend to see if I can match or improve. Welcome to the obsession!

Ooompa Loompa said:
Congrats!! Now get your next batch going!!!

I can't! Look at my sig! I have enough going already lol! This weekend i should have two batches kegged and carbed and will just have to let them sit for a few weeks to keg condition before they will be ready.

Back