First batch is done.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cauldron

Reaction score
Ok. Brewed with a Red Hook ESB clone kit two weeks ago. Racked from Primary to secondary one week in. My primary is a bucket the secondary is a 6.5 gall glass carboy. Bottled one week later. It is now at just past three weeks with a little over a week in the bottle. Good head, cleared up great, flavor is on, not very dry but nice and hoppy. Unfortunately in the process I broke my hydrometer. So I have no idea what the final SG is. Taste good even room temp. I'll take pics of the next batch. Going to do a LIberty cream ale. This is a great hobby I can't wait to get up the nerve to do all grain.

Cauldron said:
This is a great hobby I can't wait to get up the nerve to do all grain.

I couldn't agree more...I'm probably going to crack open the first bottle of my first brew tonight, and hopefully start in on brew #2 this weekend. AG brewing seems kind of intimidating, but I'm just fine with partial mash for now.

Congrats on what sounds like a very successful first batch! (minus the whole hydrometer thing). :mug:

I hate it when that happens... I broke my hydrometer on my first brew... not fun.. hehehee....

Jester

Back