First batch, first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havoc

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I just finished my first batch, and for kicks I decided to make a label.

Let me know what you think!

beero.jpg

Thanks a ton! It still needs some tweaking, as I think the colors need to be a little brighter.. but I appreciate the feedback. :mug:

Good use of texture and color, and of course on the die cut =p

Did you trim this using scissors?

It's hard to tell 100%, but if you have a drop shadow on the main ribbon, I think you could do without it.

It looks really nice!

Good use of texture and color, and of course on the die cut =p

Did you trim this using scissors?

It's hard to tell 100%, but if you have a drop shadow on the main ribbon, I think you could do without it.

It looks really nice!

I actually trimmed it with a box cutter - I was at work, and couldn't find any scissors!

I'll make an admission -- the texture was a bit of a happy mistake. A lot of it comes from the adhesive I made, and how it bled through my crappy printers ink and poor quality paper. I've since actually added this texture to the file in Illustrator - so all is well! And the main ribbon doesn't have a drop shadow, I think this was also caused by the bleeding :p

I'm wanting to get more of these made, but I have no idea where I should get them printed. Does anyone have any experience with getting these printed at Kinkos/Staples/etc..?

When I've made a label in the past, I've gotten it printed (and many other things) at a Kinkos. If you go to one where people seem to know what they are doing, they can produce fine prints. Use a heavyweight laser paper and try to get as many as you can on one page. They charge color by the sheet.

Maybe print just one out while you are there to see if the colors match up like you expect them to.

My experience is that Kinkos will be faster and more knowledgeable than staples or office depot but your mileage may vary.

I was thinking Kinkos just because they're the only dedicated Printing business I know of, while the others (Staples, etc..) kind of use printing as another selling point or an after thought. I'll get those taken care of, and then upload another photo of my current batch once it's been bottled.

Thanks for the tips!

Back