First Batch & First Beersplosion!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyzazz

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch this weekend, it's a Rainbow Red Ale Clone. 10 Gallons Total, 4.5 in a 5gal Sanke, and 5.5gal in an 8gal Sanke to ferment. I rehydrated my Safale S-04 yeast and pitched, then added the appropriate amount of FermcapS to prevent a Beersplosion. I came home from work the next day and while it may not be the worst you've seen, I'm certainly glad I'm fermenting in the basement next to the sump pump! :mug: I think I'm really going to like this hobby!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3415/snc00052k.jpg

Must be nice brewing 10 gallons for your first batch AND having a keg setup to put them in... Sounds like you just threw your wallet at the LHBS owner.

Lol, I had the keg setup already. Sanke kegs are pretty easy to take apart and put back together. I boiled my extract brew in a 1/2bbl keggle on my turkey fryer burner and it seemed to work out pretty well. All in, I probably have $225.00 in to brewing (minus my ingredients) since I already had the kegs.

I'm pretty lucky I guess, I've got a good buddy that is a trash man who has scored 4 cases of Grolsh bottles for me as well! I'll fill a few of them up for him to enjoy once I get this batch kegged.

Latest posts

Back