First Batch coming along nicely!! have one followup question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jkane101

Reaction score
So my first ever batch is an extract kit from midwest a Furious clone. I brewed it 12 days ago - Sunday 3/22. The OG was great @ 1.068.
I left it alone to ferment at a temp of 68 and today opened it for the first time to measure. It's dead on @ 1.016!! drank the sample and it tastes great.

I'm going to measure again on Saturday and move it to a secondary to dry hop for a week before bottling
Okay so now for a question...it's cloudy as hell, which i kind of expected. What can i do to clear it up a bit ...other than just time. I have a feeling its going to be cloudy-ish no matter what.

seanhagerty

Reaction score
The best thing you can do is let it settle out over time...trouble is..it takes time to do that. Drink it cloudy..and brew again.

Sean

Parker36

Reaction score
It will clear up a ton in secondary, I wouldn't really worry about cloudiness. And if it doesn't come out as clear as you like, its just an aesthetic problem that you can fix on batch #2

OP
Jkane101

Jkane101

Reaction score
thx for the feedback! so three days afterwards i opened the primary in order to move it to the secondary to dry hop... oh man! what a difference a few more days makes. Its looking beautiful.

I guess it's true when they say...relax, have a homebrew