First apple cider of the new season

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniele96

Reaction score
Yesterday I started Apple season in my plantation in Piedmont. The first round brought me about 800 kg of apples and so today I have started the cider season with 6 gallions of cider. The juice of my cultivar is very sweet so I don't add sugar on it.
20180816_221528.jpeg

Yesterday I started Apple season in my plantation in Piedmont. The first round brought me about 800 kg of apples and so today I have started the cider season with 6 gallions of cider. The juice of my cultivar is very sweet so I don't add sugar on it.View attachment 583798
Curious what OG do ya get? Local cider mills will be pressing very soon around here [emoji41]

Cheers! [emoji111]

Last edited:
Curious what OG do ya get? Local cider mills will be pressing very soon around here [emoji41]

Cheers! [emoji111]
I am sorry but I don't speak a perfect English. Please can you explain what do you mean for OG? If you question is concerned on the cultivar I use an Italian one that contains a low enough of sugar but the result is excellent (about 7% of alcohol and a fantastic fruit taste).

Nice,
It looks like really sweet!Do you know the sugar content?
It is not very sweet: the colour is due to the apples (I used a red apple cultivar). The sugar is about 1040 with hydrometer.

Back