First all-grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yourlastchance89

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It was my fifth batch, second lager, and first all-grain. I did BIAB on the porch of my apartment. It was a Rauchbier recipe. OG came in at 1.051 at 5.25 gallons with 77% efficiency. Was pretty stoked about it. I felt like a kid before Christmas I couldn't sleep. Started prepping at 6am. By the time I ate breakfast and got everything ready I doughed in at 9am. I just barely finished cleaning everything up.

View attachment 1490398545366.jpg

View attachment 1490398567697.jpg

View attachment 1490398584946.jpg

View attachment 1490398602726.jpg

Congratulations! 77% on a 1st go is awesome!
Unfortunately your pics didn't come through on my computer, so I'll just imagine what a beauty she is. :mug:

I would place the kettle so your valve isn't over the gas line, easier to drain to a bucket off to the side. Unless you are using a pump system?

Generally I pick it up and carry it inside towards the sink. From there I cool it with my wort chiller, stir it for a whirlpool, and drain it into the fermenter through a strainer.

Back