First all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You probably have already observed that the hop debris and trub have settled to the bottom. Send me another pick, but it all looks fine. My brews always look that way before they settle. I noticed that temp strip is reading 78 deg that's pretty high what kind of beer are you brewing.

Pleas excuse my dyslexia

You probably have already observed that the hop debris and trub have settled to the bottom. Send me another pick, but it all looks fine. My brews always look that way before they settle. I noticed that temp strip is reading 78 deg that's pretty high what kind of beer are you brewing.

Pleas excuse my dyslexia

The temp strip was not reading accurate it cooled down a lot more before I pitched the yeast. It's an ipa

Looks like you got a lot of your cold break in there. did you dump the entire pan into your carboy? I like to leave a little sludge in the bottom of your bk. So you don't get all that hop material and what not. it will probably clear up after fermentation. I also like to pitch yeast at about 5 degrees lower then what you want to ferment at 76 seems a little hot for me.

this is all just my opinion im nobody and don't know ****

Damn that's why I love this homebrewtalk like 4 ppl replyed while I was typing up my nonsense

The temp strip was not reading accurate it cooled down a lot more before I pitched the yeast. It's an ipa

You really ought to try to get the wort down to pitching temp as fast as possible and get that yeast inoculating the precarious environment that fresh wort is, as fast as possible.

Pleas excuse my dyslexia

Dont know how long of time lapsed between that pic was taken and pitching but, You really ought to try to get the wort down to pitching temp as fast as possible and get that yeast inoculating the precarious environment that fresh wort is, as fast as possible.

Pleas excuse my dyslexia

I'm guessing you used whirlfloc? If so, its doing what its designed to do... I let my bk sit covered for 15-20 min after chilling to pitch temps and all that break collects in the bottom few inches of the pot, then I gently pour into the fermenter (racking would be better but I'm too lazy)

Back