First all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcvay131

Reaction score
First all grain and it turned out amazing just had to let every one know because I thought it was gonna turn out like ****. It taste alot like a Boston lager.

image-1024669474.jpg

Congrats, looks good. Doing my first AG in a fews weeks, getting everything set up at the moment. What type of beer did you do?

It's suppose to be a Scottish heavy but I had my equipment set up wrong in beersmith so I had to change it to a Irish red.

It's suppose to be a Scottish heavy but I had my equipment set up wrong in beersmith so I had to change it to a Irish red.

If I had a nickel for every time the kind of beer I brewed changed upon opening the first bottle!

Good work, and welcome to the sometimes insanity of all-grain.

KeystoneHomebrew said:
If I had a nickel for every time the kind of beer I brewed changed upon opening the first bottle!

Good work, and welcome to the sometimes insanity of all-grain.

I had a Ridge Runner Pale Ale that came out more like a good brown ale, thanks to 0.75 pounds of choc malt that was supposed to be 0.75 ounces in BeerSmith.
Name changed to Running Rigid Not So Pale Ale

IPA's that end up being Pale Ales. Amber Ales that end up being Porters. And Belgian Dubbels that end up being, well, just Belgian and dark.

I love it all. Part of the fun. And why owning a brewery is for the birds!

I was intimidated before my first all grain. Reading a lot on HBT and a few books to make sure I did the proper steps at the right time. Then after your first all grain is done it doesn't seem so bad... and then you taste the fruits of your labor and it feels so good. Well done. Glad it worked out well for you.

Back