First All Grain...Wish me Luck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies for not posing yesterday during the process. I didn't take any pictures this time but I think it went fairly well. Only issue was the SS braid did drain very slowly at times, which I'm thinking is from being crushed under the grainbed so I'm going to insert a tube with slits inside the braid as many on here have done. Otherwise, went swimmingly I'd say, but we'll see in 2 months or so.

Fementing away in a swamp cooler in my closet!

Thanks again to everyone on here, what a great resource.

Apologies for not posing yesterday during the process. I didn't take any pictures this time but I think it went fairly well. Only issue was the SS braid did drain very slowly at times, which I'm thinking is from being crushed under the grainbed so I'm going to insert a tube with slits inside the braid as many on here have done. Otherwise, went swimmingly I'd say, but we'll see in 2 months or so.

Fementing away in a swamp cooler in my closet!

Thanks again to everyone on here, what a great resource.

Another AG convert finds there is no AG Boogieman:mug: Welcome to the dark side:tank:

Totally BrewBrain....I actually was telling my roommate afterwards how it actually seems quicker and creates less of a mess than the stovetop PM brewing I had been doing before.

Very excited to not have to use DME anymore....when I'm weighing it on my scale I have a feeling the people across the street think I'm the biggest coke dealer on the block (I live in NYC so I'm sure someone on the next block deals in quantities larger than 3lbs ;) )

Back