Quantcast

First All Grain Tommorrow Morning...

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

pcrawford

Reaction score
I moved into my new apartment last weekend and long behold, a turkey fryer awaited me in the basement. Yeah for free stuff! So i went to home depot last night and built myself a 10 gallon mash tun from the beverage cooler. So tomorrow i want to break all this good stuff in.

Right now I have a dunkelweizen and Edwort's pale ale (extract version) on tap. What would be a good first AG to brew for a little variation having just drank those 2? Both kegs are full now so if its something that needs to age a while that is fine. But I want something that is good to drink outside on a nice summer evening.

Any suggestions?

question 2 - I built my mash tun following flyguy's instructions but couldn't find any SS washers. Should i use a zinc plated washer for a 1 time use or just go without it for a bit?? It drips about 1 drip every 30 seconds or so. No big deal with the drips, i'll just clean up the sticky mess after.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Easy all-grains for summer:

"Cream of Three Crops" Cream Ale.
clearestbeer.jpg
"Centennial Blonde"
HappyFri_4.jpg
"Sterling Gold" (You'll need coriander and orange peel)
Sterling_Pour2.jpg
"Blue Balls" Belgian Wit (You'll need coriander and orange peel)
Belgian_Wit_1.JPG

Check my recipe drop down for any of these recipe.

Good luck with your brew session and post some pics... :D

Put some newspapers under that drip. That stuff can corrode your counter-top finish if that's where you're mashing.

OP
P

pcrawford

Reaction score
Humm...all of those look tasty, this is going to be a tough decision.

brrman

Reaction score
those are gorgeous pints! A cream ale is a perfect goto beer on a hot summer day.
I have 10g of it fermenting in my basement right now!

Reaction score
I drank one of Death Brewers Cream Ales (my first PM) last week while brewing Ed's Haus on a Mental Health day. It made for a great "It's hot as balls and I'm sitting beside a boiling keg" Beer.