First All Grain Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy86

Still thirsty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
3 weeks ago I attempted my first all grain brew! I had so much fun I was like a kid in the candy store! Here is a link to the recipe:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/cascades-orange-pale-ale-84558/

It has been sitting in a cool brew bag now for 3 weeks at a steady temp of 61-63 degrees. I decided today was the day to check gravity and start my dry hop! I'm getting tired of being patient! So I was super sanitary spray bottle and pitcher filled StarSan and my hop bag.

Open the ale pale and the smell of oranges fills the kitchen! It smells so good and looks phenomenal :ban::rockin:

Hit my target FG of 1.020 with a 5.7% ABV!

Very excited to keg this bad boy up!

So I just wanted to share some pictures from this morning!

Cheers!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421597035.520847.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421597053.929620.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421597088.953842.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421597112.952091.jpg

Awesome! I recently made the switch over to AG myself and my first batch was SO much better than previous versions using extract. I am still kicking myself for spending a year with those extract recipes...

Looking good!!!

Your FG actually looks to be closer to 1.015-1.017, which might push your ABV higher than you thought depending on what your OG was. Not that it matters because "taste and aroma" are all the REALLY matter :D

Nothing like a little beer to wake you up in the morning :p

Two more days of dry hopping and in the keg it goes...I can't wait!!!

BTW I've named my first beer Worry Wort Ale™

::UPDATE::

Cold crash worked like a charm! The beer was clear going from the auto-siphon to the keg! Smelled great and I put it on gas at 10 PSI and forgetting about it for a week at 37 degrees (it's cold in my basement)!

Cheers!

Well, I pulled my first pint here is a pic!

It's only been on gas for five days so it's still under carbed but hot dam it is delicious!

:rockin:

image.jpg

Great job, looks delicious! If it's undercarbed, but you've got that much head on the beer, your serving line may be unbalanced. How long is your beverage line? Maybe either try a longer line, or turn down the pressure when serving so you don't lose as much carbonation while pouring.

Great job, looks delicious! If it's undercarbed, but you've got that much head on the beer, your serving line may be unbalanced. How long is your beverage line? Maybe either try a longer line, or turn down the pressure when serving so you don't lose as much carbonation while pouring.

Yeah, my lines are only 5 feet so I pulled another pint with less pressure and there was less head and more carbonation so I'm pretty excited for the weekend to serve it up

Back