First all grain - Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevewix

Reaction score
I thought it was a load of BS that a person could taste the difference between all-grain and extract beer. Boy was I wrong. I made the AHS Oktoberfest all-grain kit, and it's honestly the best beer i've ever tasted, ever. Fast fermentation (pumped out the water in the airlock), higher attenuation, and a relatively slow and simple process have me hooked.

My next question is as follows:
I'm aware of how much better pilsners, golden ales, etc are when doing all-grain. How much better are the all-grain imperial stouts, porters, etc?

I think it's better as you have more control over your recipes. As for me, all my all grain brews taste better than my extracts but I didn't do many extract brews. I have tasted plenty of extract brews that were phenomenal and I think that you can achieve great beers with either extract or all grain.

The thing about AG is that you can taste your personal touch!!! that's what i love.

Back