First all-grain in the books!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southwood

Reaction score
Hey all!

First off I want to thank all the great brewers on this forum for spreading the wealth of knowledge found in these threads, especially the all-grain tutorials & videos.

After 2 years of brewing with extract, I finally made the jump to all-grain today. I went with a 10 gallon batch of BM's Centennial Blonde recipe which I tweaked (added 1 lb of base grain & 1 lb of Vienna) to make up for what I assumed would be poor efficiency. Imagine my surprise to learn that I achieved better than 80% using my "cheap & easy 10 gal MLT". :ban:

Anyway, now I have not one, but two full fermenters. All for the price of one of my 5 gal "session" extract brews!

Thanks to the help & advice I've gleaned from all of you, my first AG brewday went off without a hitch and I had a great time!

Cheers! :mug:

im a rookie myself, but congrats on the jump you'll never look back!

I believe it, this was too much fun. Single infusion, batch sparge... to anyone who's wanting to make the jump but has reservations, here's another vote for go for it!

I was torn between this recipe & the famous "Haus Pale Ale" (props to EdWort), but I wanted to go for a full 10 gallons & BM's recipe uses alot fewer of my precious hops. That said... Ed, you're on my list. :)

Back