First all grain brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Boiling
boil.jpg

My little set up
setupq.jpg

Chilling the wort
chilloutw.jpg

My adaptive chilling
chilling.jpg

Big Momma scoping out the yard
bigmomma.jpg

Temperature control.
chilling2.jpg

Is that a stainless steel flip flop? Do you consider it an essential item in your brewing process? Does it create any off flavors?

Is that a stainless steel flip flop? Do you consider it an essential item in your brewing process? Does it create any off flavors?

I got tired of almost slipping in my rush to relight the burner whenever the wind blew it out. Was such a pain in the ass sitting out there on the ready to run over and relight.

ps. Can't see it but I have a charged hose line just in case something got out of hand =p

pps. Flip Flop is used for lambics.

Born and raised Floridian, 35 years in Plantation. Those pictures show everything I miss about Florida. But then I think of the things I don't miss, Traffic and idiot drivers, Hurricanes( Except the U), flood insurance and property taxes, tourists.

Bottled this today. Ended up just shy on 2 cases, was expecting just a few more. Going to pick a better day to brew next time around to avoid having to run the burner so far open.

English Mild (brown)
OG - Broken Hydrometer
FG - 1.010

5 lbs 7.0 oz Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain
1 lbs 5.8 oz Crystal Malt - 60L (Thomas Fawcett) (60.0 SRM) Grain
4.4 oz Chocolate Malt (Thomas Fawcett) (508.0 SRM) Grain

.87 Fuggles at 15 minutes in
.87 Fuggles at 45 minutes in

1 packet Nottingham.

Expected OG 3-4%

Back