First All Grain batch - 80% efficiency

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uatuba

Reaction score
I just brewed my first all grain batch (my own recipe). I've been a lurker for years, and even after registering. I stayed firmly in the lurking category. I decided I would post after my first all grain batch. I hit 79.4% efficiency, and I attribute that to the wealth of information I've gained from reading this board for the last several years (as well as the amazing Beer Alchemy app on my iPad). I've made wine, mead, and numerous extract and partial mash batches, but I finally decided to go all the way and I'm glad I did. Adjusted for temperature, my OG was 1.055 and I expected it to be 1.052.

Thanks to the experts who continue to provide entertaining and informative posts.

i just did my first. and if it dont taste like dish water i will be happy. con grats on the efficiency mine is an ipa and i am hoping the hydrometer is broke.

bxtzd3 said:
i just did my first. and if it dont taste like dish water i will be happy. con grats on the efficiency mine is an ipa and i am hoping the hydrometer is broke.

Lol this is good, I like this!

Back