First AG/Wheat Beer, 88% efficient, pictorial!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldRalHoleBrewing

Reaction score
Alright, so we did our first AG batch the other day, BIAB-style. It's an American Wheat Beer by BJCP guidelines, spiced like a Witbier. And I'm super hyped, because we got 88% efficiency out of our system! To see/read more about the brew day click the link below:
Spicy American Wheat

I just read a few of your blogs, nice page!

One the current blog, Easy Irish Red Ale, it doesn't look like your grains were crushed. Maybe it's just the picture, but did you use whole grains?

I just read a few of your blogs, nice page!

One the current blog, Easy Irish Red Ale, it doesn't look like your grains were crushed. Maybe it's just the picture, but did you use whole grains?

Yes, whole grains. The grains on that recipe were steeped, not mashed. I opted against the crush because I didn't want too dark of a color from the black patent. Both Carapils and Black Patent can be used as steeping grains. That was a hectic brew day, but definitely not because of the brew!

Extract+steeping grains=super speedy brew day-the fun of starch conversion

Thanks for digging the blog, I just posted about poor man's charcoal filtration, hope you enjoy!

Back