First AG in the bag!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atromic

Reaction score
With 78% efficiency! The whole process was thoroughly smooth from start to finish, and I was able to quickly troubleshoot the couple issues I ran into (missed strike temp, and ended up a little short on my pre-boil volume). I had planned on 70%, and expected to see low 60s after missing my initial strike temp, so I'm ecstatic right now!

It's hard to believe that only 4 months ago I hadn't even thought about brewing my own beer, but since then I've progressed from mediocre extract batches, to stellar partial mashes, to (hopefully) phenomenal AG. I've even managed to squeeze in a couple Apfelweins, a Graff, and a pear wine. My girl has carlo rossi jugs all over the house filled with various fruit wines shes trying!

I just wanted to thank the homebrewtalk collective for providing such an amazing source of information, and being so willing to help out newbs like myself with all the stupid questions we have/mild panics that could be averted by sitting back and letting the yeast do its thing. I frequent a few different forums, and none of them have the positivity and willingness to help that HTB does. You guys rock :mug:

I used this recipe, modified for a 2.5 gal batch with my 3gal MT:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/oatmeal-stout-29743/

Congrats! Sounds like you've got some nice wines and beers going. I just brewed my first AG today as well, so I know exactly what you're feeling. :)

What did you think of the whole BIAB process?

Back