First AG Brew update

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
So I checked the gravity of my first AG thats been in primary for about a week. Its down to 1.008, it started at 1.060. I'm going to go ahead and rack it to secondary, and dry hop it with 2oz of cascade hops. I dont have high hopes for this beer. I tasted my hydro sample, and it had an almost plasticy taste. Im hoping it is just the hops to blame, and not an infection. But Im gonna see it through to the end, and hopefully Ill be suprised. On a good note, I checked my Apfelwein down to 1.010 and TASTES F'ING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!:tank:

1060 sounds like a pretty big beer ... a week is too little time to pass final judgement ... let her sit in the secondary for 3 more weeks ... bottle/keg and wait some more ...

I bet it will turn out fine ..

I agree with kappclark. Let it sit in secondary for a few weeks to clarify then package. I'd let it sit in bottles for a month or more before trying (if you can), or in the keg for a few weeks as well. Let it age for a good amount of time and you won't be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back