First AG Brew. Right here, right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddskinnfan

Reaction score
Okay, so I just put my grain, bill below, and my strike water into my 50 qt Coleman Xtreme.

5 lb Pilsen Malt
4 lb White Wheat Malt
1 lb Munich Malt

Strike water temp was 168 with 4.5 gallons. Mash will be for 60 mins. Once I get my first run-off, I will know how much to sparge with. Going with Denny's idea of equal run-offs (hopefully).

Wish me luck! I will keep you all posted as I go. I want to keep good records.

Just got first run... 3.5 gallons. Looks like I will get 3.5 out of first run, and hopefully 3.5 out of second. Gravity for the first run is 1.050 @ 120*. With correction, and correct me if I am wrong, that is 1.063 for the first run... Looks like my effeciency is higher than I thought.

I will re run the numbers.

Nice blog.

Great job. You must have screwed up something... come on, it wasn't that easy, was it? Your first AG?

Nope, no big tada's or fumbles. It was actually kind of peaceful.. There was one point where it started to snow, but it stopped pretty quickly. Just had to cover the BK a little.

Latest posts

Back