First AG brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencj3

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm in the midst of my first all grain brew day! I don't have any questions just thought I would check in and say thanks for all the great advice people have given on this forum!

I'm brewing a MO + Palisade SMaSH, using my newly built cooler mash tun. The beer is mashing now and I'm at 149-150 F, which is what I was shooting for.

I'll let you know once disaster strikes.

Everything seems to be going well, my gravity was a little low pre-boil, but my volume was also a little high too, (My runnings only got down to 0.019) So obviously I've got some fine tuning to do on my system, but I've decided to go for a 90 minute boil to concentrate the wort a little extra.

Well done! If you know you undershot your mashefficiency, you can add some dme to the boil to adjust (I prefer to do it asa late addition). There are a few calculators if you Google it,I think....haven't used one in a while but I might be able to find one for you if need be

Congrats on the first all grain. I did my first all grain today and have some corrections to make as well. I figure you won't know what to correct if you don't go for it.

Probably not that big of a deal to most, but I hit my OG on the money, and it's fermenting away nicely!

Cool. Nice job. I didn't hit my number on my first shot. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back