First AG batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

songe

Reaction score
Well.. finally started AG brewing. First try was a Belgian triple i found on this site. Og was higher than what i hoped for. 1.090... The problem tho is that there is allot of "residue" in by cardboy. guessing it is hop residue, didn't have a good enough filter to keep it in my boiler.

Will this alter the taste allot? i think its sticking to the side of my cardboy or i have a really thick layer of it? ill add a photo of it.

And how long dose it usually take for fermentation to start? i used the WLP500 strain.

(photo is not good, due to ****phone, but you can see the floaties in there)

2013-10-24 23.47.50.jpg

Belgian triple as your first AG? NICE. That residue is just cold break. (Did you use whirlflock?) It'll all settle out eventually and won't affect flavor at all. If you used enough yeast and aerated enough, you should see fermentation in 6-12 hours.
Gratz.....

Hehe tanks... i found a clone for an award winning beer in the recipe section here ^^ kinda screwed up tho... after boil the OG was 1.100.... xD so i filled up with water to get it down to 1.090. i want to be able to enjoy a few beers without getting ****faced xD

* yeah i used wirflock.. so the worh is quit clear.

I guessed that you used Whirlflock just by looking at all that cold break. That's what it does.

Back