first AG batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtapper

Reaction score
I brewed my first AG today, a blond ale from AHB. I brewed the extract version last Sat for a comparison. I can't believe how easy it was. Start to finish was about 5 1/2 hrs.

Thanks to everyone on HBT for the advise and knowledge.

Did you do the all grain the traditional way with the mash tun, lautering, and batch sparge? Next you should try the all grain again with "brew in a bag" method. The all grain I've done that way has me doing the last of the clean-up at about 2 1/2 hours. You will have to have your system pretty streamlined to get to that time frame but it is possible.

Nice! I posted something similar yesterday as well...felt good to get the first batch of all-grain under our belts. It isn't as hard as it first seems when reading through the plethora of information/methods online.

Our day took about 4-4.25 hours...but I work with a roommate so having 4 hands helps.

Good work!

Back