First AG Batch was QUICK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shot0rum247

Reaction score
After a few years of extract I went to all grain as of last week, yay :). I decided to do an imperial IPA because imperial beers are just one of those styles that is sort of difficult to do with extract and super $$$. Anyway, I put it in the primary on the 3rd with an OG of about 1.082 and got some pretty serious bubbling. Today it sort of slowed down to about 1 to 2 bubbles a min...odd. So I tasted it...fairly dry...took a hydrometer reading...already down to 1.020. So, the fermentation occurred pretty quickly even from using a rehydrated safebrew ale yeast. I gave it a little stir to try and get it more towards 1.01 for an FG and I hope its not stuck right before my desired FG but we'll see....those AG sugars must be really fermentable :)

It fermented between 70 and 72. Good news is that after de-gassing the sample I pulled the hydrometer read 1.016, which isn't bad for an imperial FG. I'll let it go till saturday and then put it in its new secondary home for a little while. :fro:

Back