First AG and - no water pressure!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsdude

Reaction score
Finally after several weeks of scrounging equipment and preparation I tried my first AG, ED Wort's Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale. I had just mashed-in and was filling my pot with water for my sparge when the water from my water filter slowed down to a trickle and stop! :eek: We are on a well so I went out to check everything out and found it was a thrown breaker so breaker back on and I was back in business in time to heat up the sparge water.

A big thank you to Bobby_M for his "All Grain Brewing Primer." It was a huge help. I hit my temps right on but broke my hydrometer before I could take a SG so I have no idea what efficiency I achieved.

No matter- some mistakes were made but I expected to make mistakes. Beer was made - and I think it will be a good one!

One big success was using a burner from an old water heater to heat my boil pot. It worked great! I think I will look for another one of these so I can make an HLT.

In a pinch you could use water from the hot water tank. Just make sure not to get the sediment. Also turn off the power until the water is back on to prevent burning it out.

Back