Finished my keezer collar (finally)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlvgolf

Reaction score
After about a year and a half of procrastinating since I bought my chest freezer, I finally built up the nerve to build a collar and mount my taps. Here's a photo!

IMG_4143_zpsgbbnzuji.jpg

It's a GE 7 cu ft freezer, with 1x6 poplar boards stained red mahogany and perlick faucets.

I'm not that good with woodworking (as in, my last project was a cutting board in wood shop class during 8th grade) and I wish I had a miter saw, and some clamps, and maybe even a workbench to make it look better and be more even. But such is life in a New York City apartment. I borrowed a friend's circular saw and made it work. At least I have room for the keg fridge!

In the end, I'm pretty happy with the result. Thanks for all the helpful tips from everyone who has tackled this project before me. Now all I need is some beer to fill the kegs back up...

Does it hold kegs of beer? Check
Does it keep beer cold? Check
Does it pour beer? Check
Does it do so without excessive foam? Check
Does it dispense beer from more than one keg (e.g. 3)at a time? Check

Sounds all good to me. Great job!

Haha thanks. We will see about whether or not it foams when the current batch in my fermenter is ready for the kegs.

Just in time for the Rugby World Cup. I hope you have enough for the big game you guys have got on 7 October :)

I used to teach shop so I appreciate the grade eight comment. Amazing how skills that you said you would never use now open up new horizons! Keep on with the projects. Your former Shop teacher would appreciate a note of thanks or a photo. Better yet real beer!

Back