fining in 24hrs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickman6

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a last minute party that I'd like to take a keg to. I'll have about 24hrs before serving after I am able to try to clear up my batch.

So, my question is: what would be best to fine my beer with? Can it be done in 24hrs?

I'll be stopping by the LHBS on my way home from work, so I can pick up anything. What should I use?

The beer has been on the yeast for 3 weeks, but its a quick turn around recipe. Besides, its St. Patty's day, so green beer is acceptable!

Thanks!

Plate filtering is an option...fast but pricey for the system and filters.

If it were me, I'd jump it to another keg and maybe hit it with a little gelatin in the second keg. Then keep the 2nd keg cold...gelatin can work that fast when it's cold.

I've only used PVPP (Polyclar) once and not at really low temps...so I'm going to stay away from recommending for or against that.

Yeah, the filter isn't an option. Lol.

I have gelatin, I suppose I could try it. It seems to take a bit of time in my experience. Maybe my technique?

It doesn't need to be crystal clear, just want to knock down the haze a bit.

Gelatin has needed a few days in my experience too. Pushing it to another keg would at least get the beer off any sludge at the bottom of the current keg.

Back