fining/clearing and bottling quick ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All4meGROG

Reaction score
Is it ok to bottle 8hrs after adding a 2 part clearing/fining agent? The directions say it takes 12-24 hours to fully work. I'm gonna be going out of town tomorrow unexpectedly and would like to bottle whats in my secondary to keep the rotation going. Im not sure I really needed to use it...but I did. Will this counter act the priming/carbonation process or hurt anything? I'm not concerned if its not worked to its full potential..

Is it ok to bottle 8hrs after adding a 2 part clearing/fining agent? The directions say it takes 12-24 hours to fully work. I'm gonna be going out of town tomorrow unexpectedly and would like to bottle whats in my secondary to keep the rotation going. Im not sure I really needed to use it...but I did. Will this counter act the priming/carbonation process or hurt anything? I'm not concerned if its not worked to its full potential..

I wouldn't bottle it yet. The reason you wait is so that the sediment can fall out and make a clearer product. If you bottle before the sediment falls out, you'll just have way more crud in the bottle. I dislike crud in my bottle so I'd wait.

It shouldn't hurt the carbonation a bit but as Yooper said, it will leave all the sediment that fining should take out in your bottles. Your bottles should clear out pretty quickly though.

Back