F'ing MutherF'ers stole it!! -- IT'S BEEN RECOVERED!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed the part where you said it wasn't yours. Still sucks regardless.

Only the trailer part. The Kegerator was mine. As a cooler, it worked great and I was looking forward to using it for my Oktoberfest coming up.

Now it's back to the drawing board.

Im sorry. I kinda know how you feel, granted it was worth a lot less money but a year ago some !@#$%^&*() walked right up onto my front porch and stole a small water fountain my dad and I had built. we think they took it for the 4 copper dishs it had but this was less than a pound of copper and they just yanked the thing out of the ground leaving the bottom half broken off behind.

Im sorry. I kinda know how you feel, granted it was worth a lot less money but a year ago some !@#$%^&*() walked right up onto my front porch and stole a small water fountain my dad and I had built. we think they took it for the 4 copper dishs it had but this was less than a pound of copper and they just yanked the thing out of the ground leaving the bottom half broken off behind.

Scrap metal thieves are brutal. Fact.

we had an outdoor train car freezer at work once that was housing perishable materials. the mofo's unplugged it and cut the cable of the car, just to steal the copper. some people shoudl be stabbed.

Damn Ed, really sorry to hear that. Fags. Seriously that is total friggin bullcrap. I predict your final state shall be greater than the previous! :mug:

True, but it was not my party or my trailer. If it was, I would have taken it home at the end of the party as I have before. I assumed they would do the same.

Live and Learn. To assume makes an Ass out me. :eek:

One good thing in life is that I learn things the hard way only ONCE. It does turn me into a skeptical mother though.

It's interesting that I said that to you... I went into Kragen's today with my truck way out in the parking lot (way out of my sight of view) with my windows down. The center console was a $20, my wallet (with about $100 in it) and my cellphone. I got lucky and nothing was stolen, but it's easy to be too trusting or just ignore the risk of one's actions.

Goes with my theory that only good people get screwed.

I don't think that is really true. I think bad **** happens to everyone and thieves are pretty indiscriminate, but bad people just take the **** for granted since they do it themselves, and so they aren't very likely to mention it. Particularly true if they think they can figure out who the culprit was and want to deal with the issue personally.

sports-imports_2017_5494819

The cheapest trailer insurance out there. I don't leave a trailer in back of my house without one of these bad boys secured on there.

Sorry to hear about that Ed. That freezer/cooler was badass and a perfect solution for outdoor parties.

Now do you understand why muslims say you should chop off thieves' hands?

Some A-hole stole my coat on Queens-day (actually "koninginnedag" in Dutch, it's a national holiday where we celebrate the queens birthday and drink bizarre amounts of beer n such) it's been 5 months and I still get pissed off when i think of it! It was a nice coat!

I hope you can track down the heartless SOB who did this and make sure he gets a strike. (Then chop his hands off or set his house/wife on fire as well!)

Now do you understand why muslims say you should chop off thieves' hands?

Some A-hole stole my coat on Queens-day (actually "koninginnedag" in Dutch, it's a national holiday where we celebrate the queens birthday and drink bizarre amounts of beer n such) it's been 5 months and I still get pissed off when i think of it! It was a nice coat!

I hope you can track down the heartless SOB who did this and make sure he gets a strike. (Then chop his hands off or set his house/wife on fire as well!)

I believe restitution and restorative justice is better than punishment and violent retribution in most cases. Wanna take it to the debate forum? I'm sure it'll be a lively topic if you care to start one there.

I don't think that is really true. I think bad **** happens to everyone and thieves are pretty indiscriminate, but bad people just take the **** for granted since they do it themselves, and so they aren't very likely to mention it. Particularly true if they think they can figure out who the culprit was and want to deal with the issue personally.

Yea ok- you obviously havent been in my life.

sorry to hear ed. know how you feel. the little b@sT@rds have broken into my house twice in the last 3 years.
now i have bars on the basement windows, an alarm sytem and dead bolts and aluminum strips on all the door jams.

Damn Ed.

So sorry to hear that. I know how yo love that keezer.

I'd say get on Craigslist and offer a $200 reward for information leading to....

Some blabber mouth who knows something will certainly give up the "goods" for some cash.

Post pics of the item. Make that keezer setup so hot that whoever took it eventually just abandons it nearby.

Damn Ed.

So sorry to hear that. I know how yo love that keezer.

I'd say get on Craigslist and offer a $200 reward for information leading to....

Some blabber mouth who knows something will certainly give up the "goods" for some cash.

Post pics of the item. Make that keezer setup so hot that whoever took it eventually just abandons it nearby.

+1 on the reward for the "hot" Keezer.

I read all six pages of this hoping to find an "I found it - it was at my friends house" type post.

Really sorry to hear it was stolen - I hope it turns up.

This is a long shot, but one can always hope. Since this was a neighborhood park, perhaps the thief is someone from the neighborhood, or a friend of one. There is the slightest possibility that the guilty party may later feel guilty and decide to return it, anonymously, under cover of darkness. Or maybe they'll fear they can't unload it. I'd check the park early each morning for a week or so, just in case.

But it's really a long shot.

Keep an eye on craigslist. You find it you let us know and we'll help you go get it back. No police involved

+1 Best plan yet. If I was still in TX, I'd LOVE to help with it.

I'm still holding out hope that a good neighbor decided it wasn't safe there and took it home for storage, got busy and hasn't called you yet. Fingers crossed.

Please let us know what we can do, if anything.

Dude.. Ed.

Sorry to hear.

Did you have a keg of 512 Brew? I see the sign on the side.

I dig his IPA.

On the good side, all 5 kegs inside blew. They pulled off the 512 sign before driving off.

512 makes some tasty beers.

Man I was searching through CL and I saw the ad you posted, without reading the content just saw the picture (it didn't cross my mind that the thief wouldn't have the same picture) and I got excited that I found someone trying to sell your stuff. :( GL on your search.

I read all six pages of this hoping to find an "I found it - it was at my friends house" type post.

Really sorry to hear it was stolen - I hope it turns up.

Yeah, I saw this thread as I was leaving for the day, I just got caught up hoping that by page 7 we'd be saying good news on finding it....

Sorry Ed.

It just occured to me that perhaps we should post the info one some of the other homebrewing boards as well. Let others in this community, even though they aren't members of "OUR" particular club, know about this too...The more sympathetic eyes and ears we have looking for it, the better...

Just a thought. I'm not active on any other HB forums. but I know others around here are....

I'm still holding out hope that a good neighbor decided it wasn't safe there and took it home for storage, got busy and hasn't called you yet. Fingers crossed.

At this point, it's pretty much gone. The police mentioned they've had a number of reports of stolen stuff from garages at night recently after a big influx of home repairs being done after a severe hail storm. The neighborhood is being cruised late at night looking for easy stuff to steal. This was too easy for someone with a trailer hitch and a 1 7/8" ball.

At this point, it's pretty much gone. The police mentioned they've had a number of reports of stolen stuff from garages at night recently after a big influx of home repairs being done after a severe hail storm. The neighborhood is being cruised late at night looking for easy stuff to steal. This was too easy for someone with a trailer hitch and a 1 7/8" ball.

If that's the case it may end up in a scrap dealer's yard and not a frat house...It might be worth it to contact the scrap metal dealers in your area as well.

I hate to say it but I'm thinking it was someone who saw it at the party. Somebody's 17 - 22 year old son... waited until 2:00 a.m. and pulled it over to the frat house. Just my guess.
I am VERY sorry for your loss. It looks beautiful.

That sucks, Ed. It is hard to make something like that disappear without a trace. Hopefully some dumb kids will get caught with it, and not some meth heads tearing it up for scrap.

I hate to say it but I'm thinking it was someone who saw it at the party.

I bet this is right. They saw it and coveted it real bad.

They may have been some of the last ones there. Then got the idea to come back later after your friends bailed.... You might ask what your pals recall about it and see if there was anybody who expressed interest in having one.

GL finding it.

Wow. Some people just have no respect for other people's property.

That's a major bummer. I really hope you get it back, for all the love and work put into that mighty fine machine.

[youtube]rWOn1dFmFds[/youtube]

Doesn't help a bit, but satisfying to think about.

Jesus Ed, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm with the rest of the crew in hoping you get some leads and get your rig back!

Back