Finally ready to jump to 'real' brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MashTunnelOfLove

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Purchased some really clean equipment today off of FB marketplace. Then felt bad and stopped at the local brew store to buy somethings because well, buy local. Got a pair of tuns complete with ball valves, false bottom, sparge arm and even a little cooler thermometer that hasn't been installed yet for 100 doll hairs. Picked up a spiedel 30L at the shop so I could eventually fit my iSpindel into a fermentation vessel.

Anyways, I'm excited to level up to all-grain and the only thing the fiance gets excited about is drawing more beer art whenever a commercial tap is at home. Thanks for humoring me.
IMG_20210304_154511.jpg
PXL_20210304_212857979.MP.jpg

Is the two coolers with a tap a portable kegerator!?

Did you just pick that up or have you had that? If you've had it would you recommend someone doing the same?

Seems like a big improvement from a tub of ice.

Is the two coolers with a tap a portable kegerator!?

Did you just pick that up or have you had that? If you've had it would you recommend someone doing the same?

Seems like a big improvement from a tub of ice.

It is! It started from this thread, my only modification was to make it about three quarters of an inch taller to make sure there was room for a commercial 1/6 with a sanky on top:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/portable-5-gallon-keg-cooler.637650/post-9064832
I made it specifically for this last weekend and it's held ice in my 50° garage for the 5 days following no problem. I have the paintball tank mounted on the handles for now until I can find a dolly that has larger turf tires so it can go into people's backyards 'smoothly'.

It's really nice having the line and keg inside at the same temperature to kill foaming.

PXL_20210224_221647277.MP.jpg

Judging from that chalk board, your fiancé is a hell of an artist.

I'd say your fiancé is a hell of a catch, definitely a keeper! An ale-wife used to mean a woman who made/served beer in a public house. A brew-wife is a woman who puts up with the obsessive thinking, talking, and behavior of an obsessive homebrewer, a term which is redundant as all homebrewers are obsessive. Welcome to the art and insanity of all-grain!

Back