Finally ready to bottle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29674

Reaction score
3 weeks in the primary later and we finally have a stable FG of 1.012! woohoo! :ban:

Way to use that hydrometer. Best way to eliminate bottle bombs. I just broke my hydro, I'll have to order another one with my next purchase.

Now, soon as you bottle those, you better start another batch cuz you'll need it. Funny how fast 5 gallons of beer actually goes when it's pretty darn good.

bottling is easier than I though it would be, the thread above is very helpful. Just have a plan and a pace for everything and make an easy work flow.

Today I bottles 17 Bombers, 10 Twelve ounce, and 4 pint bottles. The rest I drank from the bottom of the bottling bucket. I've developed a taste for warm flat ale! :)

Bottling took quite a while, longer than I expected, but it went well. 3 hours from getting everything out to cleaning and putting everything away. Got 2 full cases plus 4 bottles. I poured the overflow from filling (caught it in a bus tray) and it was the perfect amount to fill the last bottle but i drank it instead. Quite tasty to be room temp and flat!

bottles_in_boxes.jpg

bottle.jpg

Looking good. I like to use 22 ounce bottles. It makes the task go quicker..:)

Back