Finally. Home for sale.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
Around Christmas, the wife and I decided to sell our first home and build our dream house since the new housing market is in a crunch, and we can capitalize on the builders need to sell. The initiatives are so high, that we could not comfortabley afford the home we are to build in a regular market, plus other internal factors that are making this a no brainer move.

That said, in the past 3 years I have done a lot odf work to my home, not knowing we were going to move, to bring it up to date. New flooring throughout the first floor, new kitchen (re orged the applience orientation so you could actually open the dishwasher the entire way<<I know, crazy talk), crown molding throughout, new storm door, built a 4 door closet in the 3r floor and tons of smaller projects and endless painting and crap... All that is now done, and on the market to the higest bidder. It is bitter sweet since I have a lot of time into this place, and good memories. Regardless, on to bigger and better.

Here is the one listing: http://92louisjamesct.com/
And here is another, pic 11 you can see the brewerey area in the basement on this link: http://www.prufoxroach.com/search/search_results_profile.cfm?propID=4f4877b8-9f67-49d5-9698-ea653f710807&propNo=1&photostart=6&sortby=2#

Now just wait till the right person comes along.

wow nice pad, wish I could buy. Don't be suprised if you get banned for having a bud light neon sign behind the TV.... jk

Are those new kitchen cabinets? If so, how much did you drop on 'em? We're in the process of upgrading our kitchen and installing new wood floors throughout (kitchen included). Trying to decide what to do with our POS cabinets...reface or replace.

Yeah, all new cabinets. I think the total with countertop was in the neighborhood of $4800, but we got a deal since we know the kitchen cabinet store owner. I think list was above 10K, but who knows how much fluff was there.

Install yourself and save a lot of coin.

Bobby_M said:
Did you shell out the bucks for the all plywood construction on those Kraftmaids? That's a big decision for me and it's like 10% more.

Yeah, this is the higher end of the middle level offering from Kraftmade. The quality is insane. You need to go all wood or the staining is not consistant. Your frames, trim and panels will essentually be 3 different colors, regardless of the manufacturer.

Nice place Ryan. Considering our townhouses are the same market value, yours is nicer than mine! Your realtor is also much nicer (looking) than mine...

We had our first scheduled showing over the weekend, they loved it and told my realtor to expect an offer this week. then they went home and looked into the school district ratings... Oh well, sort of 1 for 1, or 0 for 1 depending on how you look at it.

Anyone that tells you this is a bad housing market is telling the truth. We are finally under contract. Took just under 3 months, but we are getting more than we had initially hoped for. We are just a home inspection away...

Anyone that tells you this is a bad housing market is telling the truth. We are finally under contract. Took just under 3 months, but we are getting more than we had initially hoped for. We are just a home inspection away...
Congrats! It took me 10 Months to sell my old house in Nebraska and we took a bath just to get out of it.

Hopefully the inspection won't be a problem. My last house, the inspector must have thought he was being paid by the pound! Only a couple things actually needed repairs, though.

Should be fine. I have only been there 3 years and when I had the inspection done at the time of purchase there was nothing major- the things he did find (missing sink stopper and strainer in the kitchen sink) were fixed with a $10 visit to the Home Depot.. The major systems (heat and AC) are only 4 years old. The only thing I know of, is we took off the handrail to the second story, it just looked stupid, and is a matter of 8 screws if they want it back up.

Appraisal came in proper, and the inspection only had 3 small items on it. One I knew about, one requesting a standard HVAC service and one I will most likely not do (window servicing). All things looking good.

Best of luck! I will probably be putting my place on the market soon. I hate moving, but the house is too big for me, and my towns taxes just keep going up and up and up... :(

We closed on the house yesterday. For the time being I am homeless. Living with the in-laws till we find a new place. I hope we can find a new construction we will not have to wait 5-6 months for.

Selling is a huge weight off my shoulders. The market really favors buyers right now. Thank god we got over what we were expecting.

Seems to be more the norm now. I didn't know ours wasnt showing. It was 1700 without the finished basement.

We have a contract on our house in Texas right now, with a closing date of 6/30. We put it on the market back in Feb. We've been in the house for about 3 years and are selling for exactly what we bought it for. So, really, we're losing a little when you look at the improvements we'd done...like new HVAC, concrete in the shop, lots and lots of paint and elbow grease. All in all, better than what we expected...just keeping our fingers crossed that the closing goes as planned.

So right now we're living in a rental home owned by our realtor here in Tennessee. We figure on staying here for the next several months and watch the prices drop. The longer we wait, the more prices will drop and the more downpayment dough we can save up. Win-win. We anticipate making a purchase in 6-10 months or so.

I think housing prices will be at a 20-year low by then and we can get something REALLY great. (Just re-read that and realized how mean it sounded...like I'm rejoicing in others' pain. But then I have to think about how careful we've been with our money the last few years, too...VERY thrifty, as a matter of fact...and I think, hey, maybe we're due a reward, finally. Still, it's kind of conflicting.)

Oh man, I think I just got very lucky again. We had been working on a deal for a new construction home for a little while now, and today we reached terms with the builder. We are signing the deal tonight. I think I did better than I could have hoped for!!!

Stupid sappy thing to say, but I have never felt so proud to be able to provide a home like this for my daughter. I have a total loss of words.

Shouldn't this be in the classifieds? ;)

Ahhh. Tracy Thomas was my agent. A full D cup she was and depending how low cut her blouse was on the day of showing, I would've bought an outhouse from her for $229k.

The new place? We are still waiting for the builder to sign off on the deal, but that is really a formality. Then, he needs to put in the flooring, kitchen, and the huge deck (all upgraded beyond belief - for free). THe house was 75% done when we found it, so the settlement is looking like 8/11.

Back