Finally Doing an All Grain End of March

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAvAgE

Reaction score
I ordered my grain today. with a plan of what I wanted, however what I got was a little different. I wanted to do a British Lager type beer. (Thanks to Axegod and his Pilsner canadian recipe) is what i BASED mine off of. I am playing around in the link to a site called tastybrew.com and there is a recipe calc there. I am a bit confused on the Batch and boil they have on the site. I want a 6 gallon final batch (23 Liters)

attached in an image of the recipe I have been working on. (I wanted 2 row maris otter but no way I would be able to get it. so i made do. still looks like a great summer beer.

anyway here are the specs in a screenshot. I cant wait till I get my grain. :)

:rockin: sorry for the big image peeps

56k beware I just took a screenshot
brew.png

How do you like that program? I am sorry in advance because this has nothing to do with your threads subject, but you put the screen shot up, so I could not help myself.

Looks great to me!

As for the boil vs. batch volume it looks like it's set up to have 1 gallon lost to boiloff and hops. I think you would have more loss than that, especially if you are going to count in loss to trub.

Every brew rig is different so you'll need to experiment some to find out how much you loose to those variables and up your boil volume to compensate.

slnies said:
How do you like that program? I am sorry in advance because this has nothing to do with your threads subject, but you put the screen shot up, so I could not help myself.

The program is awesome. This is the Program I used to create my first AG I from other responses it looks like I have the Boil vs batch correct (in theory anyway)

sorry for the miscommunication

this is my first AG, I used tastybrew program to make it, I did have a question on the Boil vs batch. but I have the answer now. but this is what the specs of my beer is going to be.

Back