Finally building a designated brew space.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dex0807

Reaction score
So I have started remodeling my brewing area to make it more useful and thought you guys might be interested in the build. I really have no plan other than I want the space to reflect my kegerator. So I'm thinking Dust Bowl era kitchen........ More to come.

1409580389153.jpg

First pic is of the disaster that I have to clean every time I want to brew.

Second pic is of the space cleaned and floor prepped for epoxy.

1409580544292.jpg

1409580629159.jpg

I snagged this off of CL to use as a sink. Punch a hole on the bottom, add a sink strainer and then I will have a unique brewery sink.

1409584179292.jpg

What mash paddle I did nothing, but kill a little time and hack a little bit of wood taking up space.

Framing and plywood. I put the plywood on the upper 4 ft of the walls as a backer for the pallet wood. Galvanized barn roofing will cover the bottom half.

1409598266221.jpg

1409598440588.jpg

Here is what I did for lighting. 1 inch galvanized water pipe with 5 lights in each bar with mason jar globes.

I'm just throwing all that I've got at you guys all at once, so if there are any questions or suggestions, I'm more than happy to answer.

1409598809254.jpg

I like the mason jar lights! How did you fabricate them? Will you be installing a floor drain? THAT is the ultimate luxury on brew day!!!!

I like the mason jar lights! How did you fabricate them? Will you be installing a floor drain? THAT is the ultimate luxury on brew day!!!!

Yes floor drains are great I love mine. Would highly recommend one. Makes cleaning up so easy, and you don't worry about spills!

No floor drain..... I am in the flood plain and utilities to the shop would have put it out of my budget when it was built. The sink is just punched though the wall and drains into my backyard.

The 47 is still the same. I tinker on it a little at a time. It is one of the only things from my childhood I held on to.

The lights were really simple. Just some plastic light sockets off of Amazon JB Welded into the fittings. Run the wire inside the pipe as it is put together.

I have a few more pic to put on here but I haven't as there didn't seem to be any interest until just recently. I will try to put them up later tonight.

You'd better turn out some amazing beer or people will only be talking about your space. That looks great.

That settles it: I need a bigger house with more space (or a second garage).

I snagged this off of CL to use as a sink. Punch a hole on the bottom, add a sink strainer and then I will have a unique brewery sink.

those are the biggest Molotov cocktails I have ever seen...!!

Nice build. Love the look. The pallet and roofing walls work well. Makes me realize I really need to organize my stuff... Thanks for sharing.

Back