Finally a craigslist score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolina_Matt

Reaction score
I've been hoping to find an inexpensive small keg (2.5-3 gallons) for seltzer. When my main keg runs out, I want a smaller back-up that fits on the keezer hump instead of a) waiting a couple days for the next batch to carbonate, or b) dedicating two kegs to seltzer. So I opened up craigslist and saw a picture of a seemingly new 2.5 gallon keg and 3 5-gallon kegs. "Ball lock kegs: $30". $30 is pretty cheap for the smaller keg, and I planned on buying one of the full size kegs as a spare.

So I click on the ad, and it says "$10 each or $30 for all four". Yowsers! I picked them up today, dunked them under water and didn't see any air bubbles. I'll give them an oxiclean soaking this weekend and add some co2 to make sure they maintain pressure, but it's easily the best keg deal I've seen in 2 years of monitoring craigslist.

Back