Final revision of my first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erbium:YAG

Reaction score
After several revisions, I finally have my first label ready. I've always liked what Boston Beer Co. did when they chose a historical figure (Samuel Adams) to be their product spokes image. I essentially chose my own figure from history, just a bit closer to my own bloodline.

Label1.JPG

Hmmm . . . I like the label. Additionally, I appreciate your skill in being able to craft it.

I guess that I don't see the connotative relationship between Attilla, Scourging God, and the Belgian Wit style. To me, wits are a bit more artsy-fartsy, lighter, etc.

I would expect a beer with a label like that to be big, over-the-top etc.

sonvolt said:
Hmmm . . . I like the label. Additionally, I appreciate your skill in being able to craft it.

I guess that I don't see the connotative relationship between Attilla, Scourging God, and the Belgian Wit style. To me, wits are a bit more artsy-fartsy, lighter, etc.

I would expect a beer with a label like that to be big, over-the-top etc.

Really there is no link between the beer style and Attila. I've simply "branded" Attila. For different beer styles, I'll simply change the banner at the bottom and maybe the surrounding border color, much like is done with the Samuel Adams brand. The "Scourge of God" is just what the Romans called him and was meant to mimic the "Brewer - Patriot" tag found on Sam Adams labels.

I'm a newbie and was wondering where I can get labels? Do they actually run through an ink jet or laser printer? Do they come with asoftware package like Avery Labels for formatting.

As far as yours goes, looks good to me. Does the UPC code actually contain information?

Scorching Sugar said:
I'm a newbie and was wondering where I can get labels? Do they actually run through an ink jet or laser printer? Do they come with asoftware package like Avery Labels for formatting.

As far as yours goes, looks good to me. Does the UPC code actually contain information?

My label was made for the Avery 6464 label stock. This is a removable label which was recommended by someone else in an earlier thread. To actually make the label, I downloaded Avery's DesignPro 5.0 from their website. It's not a program that has anywhere near the abilities of PhotoShop or GIMP; but if you're creative enough, you can produce something decent. I did have to play around with the Attila image and the ribbon image in MS Paint before I used them in the label. I probably did things the hard way; but I don't have the time to play around with PhotoShop or GIMP. One day I probably will find the time though. The UPC barcode is genuine. With this program you can code in various protocols.

Latest posts

Back