Quantcast

Final Gravity Question

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

cgrivois

Reaction score
I brewed BM Blue Balls except I used Wyeast 3942. Its been in primary 1.5 weeks but has been sitting at 1.014 on the hydro and 5 brix refracto which acording to my converter works out to 1.006, which is where it should finish. Im not sure which one to trust. My refracto reads 1.000 using water, and my hydro reads 1.002 at 70deg. OG going into bucket was was 1.043 both hydro and refracto.

aiptasia

Reaction score
It's probably done, but let it sit on the yeast another week. It will only taste better if you do. :)

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed BM Blue Balls except I used Wyeast 3942. Its been in primary 1.5 weeks but has been sitting at 1.014 on the hydro and 5 brix refracto which acording to my converter works out to 1.006, which is where it should finish. Im not sure which one to trust. My refracto reads 1.000 using water, and my hydro reads 1.002 at 70deg. OG going into bucket was was 1.043 both hydro and refracto.
After alcohol is in the mix, trust the hydrometer and NOT the refractometer!

OP
C

cgrivois

Reaction score
Yeah Ive read that once fermentation starts you have to use a conversion for the refrac. I use brewzor app and thats where I got the 1.006 conversion. Im worried the fermentation may be stuck because either way hydro or refrac, it hasnt moved in a few days.