Filtering Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONST3R

Reaction score
Hello, I'm making my first batch of beer and was wondering if it would be wise to filter my beer before bottling. I have a Buon Vino Mini Jet Wine Filter that I use to filter my wine. Would anyone suggest using this to filter my beer? why or why not?

Any help is appreciated

i find using a secondary(clearing ) carboy for two weeks makes my beer bright enough to bottle without filtering.
too fine a filter can remove the yeast as well and your beer will not bottle carbonate(not a problem if you keg)

ok, i've never made home brew before but i've seen and drank lots, and the stuff i poured into a glass before i drank it had lots of sediment. I just want to try and avoid having sediment in my bottles.

there will always be a thin layer of yeast in bottle conditioned homebrew.
pour slowly and leave the last 1/8-1/4 " in the bottle.
there should not be "lots of sediment" if you use a secondary and rack carefully to your bottling bucket

I view the sediment in the bottles as a sign of a carefully handcrafted brew ;) I must be one of the lucky ones... I drink it with no problems, and don't find the taste nor texture unpleasant. I look at it as my daily vit. B dose

lol, ^^ ok i will probably just use a secondary and rack it

Thanks for the info

Back