Filling Growlers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdr01

Reaction score
I always found it a pain and it seemed to waste beer due to foaming. I have the filler attachments for both my perlick and my intertap faucets. I tried reducing pressure, chilling growlers and such.
I found that the next best thing to the beer gun is this. I put an old bottle filler through the intertap growler filling attachment. Next I put a flat rubber washer over the tube. When it screws into the intertap faucet the washer compresses and holds the tube tightly. Only works with the Intertap faucet of course. Open the faucet and fill a glass before filling the growler to purge the air from bottle filler. Drink the beer in the glass. Fill the growler. I did reduce pressure in the keg first so as not to blow the tip off the bottle filler. Worked for me so I thought someone else might find this useful.
IMG_20190114_152319233_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190114_152334284_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190114_152319233_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190114_152319233_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 74
Did you leave the spring end attached during bottling?

I thought I read in other forum posts that you should remove the tip and control the flow with the keg rather than the tip of the filler. I have tried filling with the spring end still attached and I thought that that was the reason I was loosing most of my carb.

This is both a question and an opinion haha!

Cheers!

Back