Filling CO2 Tank in Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbruneau

Reaction score
I just moved to the Grafenwoehr, Germany area and I am having a tough time finding a place to fill my CO2. I have tried the typical locations like hardware stores etc. Haven't been able to find someone who will fill my tank. If anyone has solved this problem please let me know.

I fill mine at a fire extinguisher supply store. Check if one exists in your area?

Grafenwoehr is like in the middle of NOWHERE. You might need to drive on down to Nuremberg to find any place to fill a tank. And if you brought it with you from the states, they're not going to fill it because it's not TUV approved.

In the States, welding gas suppliers will refill tanks. Podz warning on non-German tanks from elseware apply.

Go to the Fire Department on post, they should be able to point you in the right direction. I just pcs'd from Ansbach, that's where I went. Also look for places that sell propane on the economy, they usually also carry CO2 and regulators.

Ask around at some local bars too. I assume Graf has a "shooters" or something similar (all my time at Graf was in the training area, hated that f-in place.) THey obviously need CO2 so thats probably where I would start asking... FD isn't a bad idea either.

Back