Few questions i have on a brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punity

Reaction score
Ill point out before we start i had no control over this brew short of brewing it. it was someone elses equipment and they fermented it and just gave me the kegs when they were done.

Well it finally carbed up and i just poured my first glass, its an IPA sorta along zombie dust lines with different hops as my partner already had them on hand and why not experiment, we did all grain but on a huge scale 60 gallons because the other guy likes to do it big. However its just off to me, i smell butter and it tastes like well nothing except a little bitter right off the bat and finishes with a subtle citrus note. its very dry finishing with no lasting body. i wish i had more info for what was used but it was all product he had on hand.

Iono if its just me and im crazy haha but it doesnt smell right and the taste is just weird to me haha any ideas? i will say im not brewing with him anymore i like to have more control over how well my gear is taken care of.

Back