Ferrari Bottle Filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellaDog

Reaction score
I bought a ferrari bottle filler because my bottling wand tip keeps falling off and I am tired of dealing with them. I am wondering if I made a mistake in buying it. Online I've read where people say you can use it to bottle beer but no one shows how exactly. I am worried about splashing as it fills the bottles. Can anyone tell me how they fill beer bottles with this piece of equipment or is it just not practical?

Here are a couple of links to some YouTube videos I found using Google...

Ferrari Automatic Wine Bottle Filler

How to use the Ferrari Auto Stop Wine Bottle Filler

I found that product pretty interesting... occasionally I like to refill some limited edition Rogue Brewery bottles that have a coating on them that makes it really hard to see the beer as I am filling. This bottle filler looks like it would make the task very easy!

I would suggest to practice filling some bottles with just water to get the process dialed in before you go for it with beer.
HTH

Did you use this yet? How'd it go?

I'm considering one as well. Thanks!

I used it on my last batch and it works great, but haven't tasted the beer yet so we will see how it comes out.

looking at how this filler (and other/similar auto-shut-off fillers) works, I wonder about it oxidizing the beer as the bottle is filled. probably less of an issue of the bottle is purged prior to filling..

definitely interested to see how your bottles turned out

Holy splashy splashy, let us know if your beer tastes like cardboard in a month or two. If there was a way to attach a tube to this that would reach the bottom of your bottle than it would be great, alternatively and completely impractically you could purge all your bottles with c02 to avoid oxygenation to a certain extent.

Back